Monday, July 8, 2013

DIY tie-dye leggings

I had a pair of white leggings that I have only worn once before. I decided to spice them up a little and maybe make actual use of them. I decided to tie-dye them.
I started with a pair of white leggings. (bleh!)
I then proceeded to tie as many rubber bands as I possibly could.
This is the dye that I love to use. (There are many good dyes so just make sure to follow the directions required for your dye.) My dye requires me to use one gallon of steaming water and 1/4 cup of salt.
After I had my leggings soak in a bucket with the dye water for about thirty minutes, I went ahead and rinsed them. I then put them in the dryer machine and they were ready!
This did not look at all like I had envisioned. The reason being that the leggings were made of polyester. Polyester will not take dye as good as cotton will. However, I still think they came out looking pretty sick!
 
 
 
I tried the same method with some gray cotton leggings I had and this is the result.
 
 My second attempt came out completely different!

No comments:

Post a Comment