Sunday, July 7, 2013

DIY tie-dye bleached jeans

For this DIY I was inspired by the tie-dye bleached denim everyone seems to be wearing these days. I decided to try this on a pair of jeans I own.
 
For this DIY you will need: a pair of jeans you don't mind bleaching, rubber bands, a bucket, and bleach.

This is the old pair of jeans I started with.
 
Tie all the rubber bands you want. The more you tie, the darker spots you will have.
I decided to use 2 quarts of bleach and 1 quart of water. The more bleach you use, the sooner your denim will whiten.
 
I left my jeans in there for about thirty minutes before I noticed any change. Overall I left my jeans in the bleach for about an hour and thirty minutes. Again it depends on how bleached you want your denim to look so just keep checking every 20-30 minutes until you are satisfied with the look.
After I was happy with the results I rinsed them with cold water and took out all the rubber bands. I then put them in the washing machine (with no detergent!) and dryer.
I was very happy with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment