Tuesday, July 30, 2013

DIY studded ombre bleached denim jacket.

For this DIY, I once again used bleach. I used the denim jacket I scored at Buffalo Exchange for $4.50.
You will need: bleach, spray bottle, a hanger, studs, and a denim jacket.
 
 
Hang your jacket outside
Spray the bleach on the lower half of your jacket.
After a few minutes your jacket will start turning colors like this. You can stop here or keep spraying the bleach if you want the ombre to be more obvious.
I kept spraying mine because I wanted the lower half to look white. After you get your desired color, rinse with cold water, put in washing machine (with no detergent), and dryer.
My dad actually liked how it came out. I have ordered some spikes on Ebay to add to the sleeves and collar to make it look more like the 80's style.
 
You may decide to bleach the upper half instead or only one side. I have seen this look on shorts, pants, and vests. I have also seen it with different colors other than bleach so it's all about what look you're going for.

Once you have the bleach decide where you want to add the studs.
This is where I added mine.

I love how it turned out! I'm in love with my new jacket...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment