Thursday, August 8, 2013

Simplicity 4760 Pattern

One of the first things I ever had to sew in fashion school was a shirt. Back then it took me a good few weeks to get it done and to this day I don't even wear it (however my friend Miriam begged me to have it and she actually wears it) and I don't even know how the teacher accepted my attempt at a shirt. By now I have gotten the hang of it and can make in about a few hours.
My brother's closet consists of t-shirts and short sleeved shirts so he asked me to make him one. I had only made one woman's shirt before but it was basically the same steps.
 
This is the pattern I got for him. I ended up making the yellow one in a small size.

at least smile.
This was the first shirt I made him. It came out pretty good for my first try.
So then I made him a second one.

I told my bro he's my new male model. haha.
The second one came out a lot better except it shrunk (you can see it fits tight on the sleeves) and this shirt was originally a light pink. My brother said he wanted to wear a pink shirt but once he tried it on he no longer liked the pink color (he's actually really picky) so I improvised and dyed it this color (this was one of the first garments I ever dyed).
I'm now in the process of making him a denim shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment