Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Perfect Denim Vest

Now that I have gotten my sewing machine and with the new Pinterest app I have discovered the world of refashion. There are so many blogs to give you ideas. You can alter other people's clothes (like this girl who has a blog about her Goodwill extra large purchases and refashioning them into cute clothes to fit her) or altering you own old clothing garments sitting in the back, wayyy back of your closet.

So right now one of your must have fashion staples is the jean vest. There are so many styles and you can wear your vest with skinny jeans, skirts, dresses, sweaters, etc. Your vest can be embellished with flowers, studs, or lace.








So I decided I liked the studded vest the best. I found an old denim jacket and just cut off the sleeves. I could have sewn in the armholes but thought the raw edge was the kind of look I was going for. After I finished cutting off the sleeves, I placed studs on certain parts of the vest.
Here is what it ended up looking like:
Not too bad huh??

No comments:

Post a Comment